11 December 2005

Where do I go from here?

Having returned from the wildest 2-week adventure of my life. Having seen and done things I would never have dreamt of (and it does seem like all a dream.) I will never look at the world and life the same again. The changes are irreversible. And nothing can take that away from me.

My big question in the post-mission period is: Where do I go from here? There is no turning back is there?

I know this is the adrenaline speaking, shouting, WHAT'S NEXT?! I know I've not even begun to unwind and process the experiences.

But I also know I'll be lying awake at night wondering about the children in the mountains and the workers in Bannu. And I know I never want to be a prisoner of capitalist consumerism and the trap of materialism again. The greatest evil of modern life is that self-serving, indulgent, blind pursuit of wealth that numbs the heart and deadens the soul.

Where do I go from here?

No comments: