01 July 2006

The Double Band

'Oh no..' came the groan from the bahtroom.

'What is it, are you positive?' I asked.

The door opened and she showed me the double-bands.


'Is this positive? Where's the box? Is 2 bands positive, or should there be a third band??'

She was shocked. I was stunned.

We held each other and contemplated the wonder - a new life within. But we are also reeling and numbed - by the implications this brings. Our life changes forever. We will go from honeymooners to haggard parents. There are numerous challenges ahead, every step one of courage and faith. Just the thought of the things that can go wrong from beginning to end - humbles us utterly. This is a journey of faith, no doubt.


According to JUST THE FACTS this is what baby should look like right now.

We celebrated at our usual Pizza Uno - myself with Bolognese, she the Tomato Soup and Caesar Salad with bacon bits. When the dishes arrived, she couldn't even take one bite of the bacon. Animal fat repulses her now - and the whole pile landed on my plate.

The bacon test was far more convincing than any urine test! God.. I am afraid, I don't know if I can do this, be a father. I'm afraid of all the things that can go wrong. This challenges my essential worldview - am I one cursed or am I one blessed?

7 comments:

Jo said...

omG! congrats, mr yap! :D

dobbs said...

A child is always a blessing from God. All first time parents go through this journey of faith, and learn along the way. Congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulation.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
So happy for you both :)
Kian He and I are sharing the same joy and exitement with you both ;)

get this book! : Supernatural chilbirth by Jackie Mize

vagus said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I am late by almost three weeks. Just log on to your site after a long absence. It just rained in Sibu. There is a second come-back of HFM disease. The "Prayer Warriors" have been praying for rain. It rains.

Joy is like the sunshine
Joy also comes like rain drops!

Taste the goodness of our Lord.

Again, God Bless you and yours!

MC said...

Haggard parents?

LOL

So fast anticipating haggardness? Dun lah! I honeymoon pun not in sight yet...

Hey, thanks for the sharing on death. Hope you don't mind I pinjam the Nouwen passage...