02 September 2005

Perfect Discovery

I'm so proud of what I've done with SALIVATE, my food indulgence blog. Not that many people actually go to it to look for places to eat. Not that I've reviewed that many places. It's just that the ROJAK shot looks so damned good there, I salivate when I look at it. And I've been able to put in a map and satellite photo to show how to fly in also. Now that's an achievement! Hah.

Good friend Fook Meng from Melaka congratulated me for finding the 'places off the beaten path'. Precisely why it was such a wonderful experience for Joan and I. Truth is we were driving around the cemetery, a little lost, looking for a place to park when the two stalls just sprang into view. We screeched to a halt on a whim, and my, what a wonderful discovery it was! The backdrop of a cemetery, the simplicity of the 2 stalls, the magnificence of the food, and the chance find made it all a perfect moment for us. One of the simple highlights of our journey to Melaka last week.

No comments: